Auckland Free Walking Tours
The best way to get to know Auckland City is a walking tour!
Our centrally located tours are the best introduction to Auckland City. Get recommendations on the best things to do while being entertained by unexpected stories, and fun facts.
Let our team of passionate guides who each add their own flavours to their tours help you get to know the city.
A family friendly event that is a great start to discovering Auckland, a great first stop in New Zealand, perfect for people who are looking for what to do next, a way of reflecting on travel around New Zealand, and even for those that are local.
Best of all you pay what you feel the tour is worth at the end, you can’t get better value than that! Booking is essential so that we can make sure we have enough guides for the group on the day.
|Booking Is Essential
So we can staff the tour
Please check available times below
Between 2 and 2 and a half hours after tour starts
We have space as long as you book
You must be able to walk for 2 hours
Please check available times below
When you book you will get two emails, your ticket for the tour, and a link showing you were to find us!
About the Tour
Auckland Free Walking tours takes you on a walking tour around Downtown and central Auckland for between 2 and 2 and a half hours. Some of the stories and facts are built into the tour and others come from the guides. Guides are encouraged to tell their stories and to make tours their own, so no two tours from different guides are exactly the same, just like no two people are the same.
You will see:
The Ferry Building,
The Train Station,
Auckland’s first paved street,
The Sky Tower,
Women’s Suffrage Square,
The Auckland Art Galley,
And Auckland’s House of Parliament just to name a few stops!
- 2 - 3 hour professionally hosted and guided tour.
- Stories about Auckland
- Located in the Auckland CBD
- Stops and stories about New Zealand history, and culture from a local
Things to Note
- Please bring water, comfortable foot wear, and dress for he weather
- Start Times: Change throughout the year so make sure to book and check your email, one your email has you ticket and the other where we start and important info about the tour.
- All are welcome, so be aware that we want you to have the best possible experience so you need to reserve your place.
- Traveling between stops is on foot so being comfortable is important.
- Tour days change but private bookings are always available, if you are a group of more than 8 you will need to book a private tour, we are not set up for tour groups, and guides may turn you away on the day.
- If you can’t book a tour it may be booked for a private booking please avoid disappointment and only arrive for tours you have booked.
- Remember that staff are paid by your donations and generosity and there are few things in Auckland you can do for less than $30
Tours last between 2 hours and 2 and a half hours, guides do their best to keep them 2 hours long but they occasionally go over
There are all sorts of other tours that are offered, food tasting tours, street art tours, historic tours, craft beer tasting tours, and wine tastings tours! It is our mission to help people to to discover Auckland and have an amazing time doing it! Email and ask we will send our recommended list of tours!
You can book a private tour here: https://aucklandfreewalkingtours.com/private-tours/
For private tours it depends entirely on you. For our regular tours…Tours range in size but we wouldn’t have a private tour bigger than 20 people. We are a small business and things week to week are never the same. Doing a tour with us means you are supporting an independent tour company, we are 100% New Zealand owned and operated, we support New Zealand so that you get an authentic experience!