Showing those whom are ready to discover more that Auckland City is one of the best parts of New Zealand
We want to help people to enjoy Auckland City, we want to showcase a part of New Zealand people may not otherwise see, what we love about our city, who we are, why we are different, and our stories.
Auckland Free Walking Tours began after our staff both present and past had been traveling the world, the team at Auckland Free Walking Tours noticed that Free Walking Tours exist in all the major cities as well as some of the smaller ones.
We want everyone to be able to come and do a tour, we firmly believe that what we have to offer is a high-quality product not just in Auckland or New Zealand, but globally. We work hard to entertain and inform everyone that stops through our city, we are willing to bet that people will enjoy the tour and the city. In fact if they don’t we work for free, that is a real gamble with the time and energy that goes into creating these tours and all of the administrative work behind the scenes, but we are confident and that is why we show up to run tours and why you are able to read this now.
We plan to entertain, inform, teach, learn, show, explore, grow, adapt with anyone that comes along and is willing to get out of their hotel room. Come and walk with us on this journey.
About the Tour
|Booking Is Essential
For staff to arrive for the tour
Please check available times below
2 to 3 hours after tour starts
We have space as long as you book
Able to walk for 2 hours
Queens Wharf next to the Ferry building.
The best way to get to know a city is a walking tour! Our centrally located tours are a great way to learn about and explore Auckland City. Let our team of passionate guides who each add their own flavours and stories to their tours to help you get to know the city like a local. Be entertained by unexpected stories, interesting anecdotes, and fun facts. A family friendly event that is great for people looking for an introduction to New Zealand, people who are looking for ideas to plan their trips, people looking to meet other travellers, a way of reflecting on travel around New Zealand, and even those that are local who feel like a day out. Best of all is you pay what you feel the tour is worth, you can’t get better value than that!
Things to Note
- Please bring water, comfortable foot wear, and dress for he weather
- Start Times: Change throughout the year so make sure to book and check your email, one your email has you ticket and the other where we start and important info about the tour.
- All are welcome, so be aware that we want you to have the best possible experience so you need to reserve your place.
- Traveling between stops is on foot so being comfortable is important.
- Tour days change but private bookings are always available, if you are a group of more than 8 you will need to book a private tour, we are not set up for tour groups, and guides may turn you away on the day.
- If you can’t book a tour it may be booked for a private booking please avoid disappointment and only arrive for tours you have booked.
- Remember that staff are paid by your donations and generosity and there are few things in Auckland you can do for less than $30
Tours last between 2 hours and 2 and a half hours, guides do their best to keep them 2 hours long but they occasionally go over
There are all sorts of other tours that are offered, food tasting tours, street art tours, historic tours, craft beer tasting tours, and wine tastings tours! It is our mission to help people to to discover Auckland and have an amazing time doing it! Email and ask we will send our recommended list of tours!
You can book a private tour here: https://aucklandfreewalkingtours.com/private-tours/
For private tours it depends entirely on you. For our regular tours…Tours range in size but we wouldn’t have a private tour bigger than 20 people. We are a small business and things week to week are never the same. Doing a tour with us means you are supporting an independent tour company, we are 100% New Zealand owned and operated, we support New Zealand so that you get an authentic experience!