Things to Note
- Please bring water and comfortable foot wear
- Start Time: 10am till just after noon and 2pm till just after 4pm
- All are welcome but be aware that we want you to have the best possible experience so you need to reserve your place.
- Traveling between stops is on foot so being comfortable is important.
- If you have already booked and need the address of where we start Meet us at the entrance to Queens Wharf and next to the Ferry building – Look out for the ‘Blue Umbrella’
- Tour every Saturday but private bookings are available.
- Remember that staff are paid by your donations and generosity and there are few things in Auckland you can do for less than $30
The tour starts at 6:30pm and goes on til 9:30pm and after that you’re free to continue on well into the night with your new found friends.
We talk predominantly about the history of alcohol in New Zealand, the first beer was brewed on March 27th 1773, we also talk about Auckland City and how it has grown and changed. New Zealand is a big country of drinkers and that has meant that there was a drink at almost all of our key moments in history. The fun thing about New Zealand is we can remember them… kind of.
If you are a group of 7 or more people and you would like to do a private Auckland tour we can organise that for you we can even be flexible about the time of day depending on what you are looking for and if there is a special occasion with enough warning we can even work on different content and stories for the tour. Just send a message and inquire and we can go from there.
For private tours it depends entirely on you. For our regular tours…Tours range in size but we wouldn’t have a tour bigger than 16 people. We are a small business and things week to week are never the same. Doing a tour with us means you are supporting an independent tour company, you are supporting local bars, and you are supporting local beers. The bonus for you is that his is an authentic tour.